• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Small tank big filter

malik uddin

Just a thought I got a 45cm 45l tank. Do you think its mental if I get the oase biomaster 250. Just because I want the external heating and easy maintenance over something like a filtosmart. I was also looking at the tidal 55 as it also looks like easy maintenance

Oase simply don’t focus on turnover in their designs. A 250 will get (assuming average head height of the unit to water surface) a maximum of 600 litres and hour. You can shut off one of the valves to get that to around 300 litres per hour. Worst comes to worse, then baffling the output has worked for me.

I agree.
I have an Oase 100 thermo on a 35 ltr. I would happily go much larger. Previously I used a massive Aqua One external on a 35ltr and was brilliant. I just see it as an increase in Media rather than Turnover.

Now ….. if you were to put a Fluval FX6 on that tank, I might then recommend a rethink. ;)

i wish i had a tank big enough a use a fx6,but i am glad you guys think a biomaster 250 is a good shout. i bought a used tidal 55 for £25 so will give that a go first, but may still get the biomaster as i am setting up a 60cm tank next and as you guys have experience of this i could always use it on the 60cm

Back