• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Rotala Wallichii

Cristian Savin

Does anyone have any experience with R.W.
My problem is that i can't persuade it to turn red at all. I've had this plant before with great results but the difference was that it was already red at the moment i bought it, this time though it was green and very young. Everything goes well in terms of growth rate, no curling leaves or any other sign of a deficiency just doesn't want to turn red no matters what i'm doing- increased CO2, iron addition on top of micro and macro EI, pushed the light up from 1w/l to 1,5/l.
What am i missing, what would you guys think i should look at ?

Thanks for reply and link
Increasing light period is a good idea, at the moment is on 7 hours/day. I'll try this way to see how it goes, i may also need to test the water for nitrate, phosphate and iron, it's been a while since last tests so i don't know the exact values. I use the estimative index method 5days alternating micro-macro every other day, 2days rest plus 50%water change, so the idea is that there should be constant excess of nutrients, i'll check it out though and see what's missing.
Thanks again for your advice and if somebody else has another idea please let let me know.

Back