• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plumbing Question

Le duke

Hello, everyone.

I have a plumbing question. The motor on my FX6 is becoming increasingly loud. I've cleaned the impeller, and I've replaced the impeller. No luck. A while ago, I expressed an interest in buying a DC, controllable pump in order to reduce energy use and associated costs. Well, now I'm getting serious about it, and planning out the plumbing that will come along with a new, inline pump.

One thing I'm concerned about is running my reactor off the pump's outflow line. In my mind, a valve in between the 1"/32mm PVC line (red) and where the 3/4"/25mm PVC line (blue) should do the trick, restricting flow enough to force it into the bypass to the reactor. The reactor itself has two valves for backpressure and bypass. Standard Cerges.

Attached is a diagram of what I have in mind. I imagine keeping the valve on the 1" /32mm PVC line ~1/4 closed in order to generate enough flow to the Cerges reactor. Is there anything I'm missing here?

Attachments

• Reactor Diagram.png
    Reactor Diagram.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 37
Back