• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ONF + Convertor to UK plug

G H Nelson

Global Moderator
UKAPS Team
Can anyone tell me the best method to change this to accept a 3 pin UK plug!
It has similar as below that is removable from the adapter!
1643804627160.png

Cheers
hoggie

Last edited:
Too much amps!

That's not how amps work. It is the device that draws the amps it needs from the transformer. The rating on the transformer is simply the maximum it can safely and continuously deliver, it is not forcing that amperage continuously down the cable, just in the same way your wall plugs are rated to 13amp, but your devices will draw much less.

So you always want to go for a transformer that is rated more than the device you are using, to reduce wear and overheating of the transformer.

This is what you get from CO2 art to make them universal. But obviously I don't have a UK one, I think it's what you are looking for. Maybe they could help?

Sorry, just saw your picture.......I'm on the wrong track.
20220202_124947.jpg

That's not how amps work. It is the device that draws the amps it needs from the transformer. The rating on the transformer is simply the maximum it can safely and continuously deliver, it is not forcing that amperage continuously down the cable, just in the same way your wall plugs are rated to 13amp, but your devices will draw much less.

So you always want to go for a transformer that is rated more than the device you are using, to reduce wear and overheating of the transformer.
Cheers Wooki
Oh right, electrics not my strong point!
So that would work then?

Cheers Wooki
Oh right, electrics not my strong point!
So that would work then?

Yep, it would work fine. I have several of them working on various 12v devices that I imported that came with no-UK adapters. What is the amperage shown on the adapter that came with the light?

Back