• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Not an easy hobby

Reef is easier if you have lots of money with SPS, or stick with soft coral. It's really different, i do love my reef tanks.

For me CO2 with high light is thousand time harder than Full SPS acros and stuff reef tank. I can't go too long without a dutch style tank though

There is something that make difference and help a lot, the DI resin, there was still 10 ppm left after RO menbrane, there was PO4, and bunch of stuff left, now my water is 000 ppm. I now use only pure salt for my RO water, reef calcium and magnesium, purity is pretty high, solubility is perfect.

When you start from a "dead" water, you know the water can't be bad, you know what you add in the tank, more controls, potentially less problem. @dw1305 is not wrong telling to choose plants and fish that suit your tap water though, easier to manage, but when you are addicted to specific plant it's kind of hard when you live in hard water area

Last edited:
Back