• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fluval Bio CO2 Pro system.

John q

Not endorsing this product, just thought it looked a bit snazzy, kind of Ada meets Fluval.

Also intresting that Fluval still see $$$ signs in the planted tank market. £134 for the 250L model.

Regards the advert, do you think they are trying to emphasise that it's made in Germany. 😄

OK, OK, who is going to buy it, trial it and then post a review here! :)

There are so many aquascape experts on UKAPS that this thing can (and should) only be tested by 'people who know'.

Of all the things Fluval could have been making, this is it? Their lights have fallen largely out of favor for other brands and stainless canisters for DIY CO2 have been on the market for a few years at least.

Refreshing their FX filter line for variable pump speed would have been better.

Lol, I was thinking Fluval could send this to one of the Mods to test it, throw in a years sponsorship to the forum and cross their fingers it gets a favourable review. 💡

Of all the things Fluval could have been making, this is it?
Yes I agree they haven't broken the mould with this, that said have any of the other big manufacturers brought anything revolutionary to market in recent years, specifically aimed at planted tanks.

Small acorns and all that, at least Fluvals marketing department acknowledge the planted tank scene is a viable cash cow, and maybe, just maybe variable pump speed filters and more pleasing colour rendition lights are on the horizon.

There are so many aquascape experts on UKAPS that this thing can (and should) only be tested by 'people who know'.
Well . I've just bought one and this is I'm feeling very dissappointed . Saw one operating in my lfs , who explained how to put it together . Read manual . Did exactly as it said : tablet +one packet activator ( its the 125 l system ) , 250g white granulated sugar and room temp ( I assumed blood temp ) water to line ( Super excited ) . Waited 24 hours . Nothing !!! . I checked everything - hand tightened lid . Bubble counter screw - hand tightened . release valse - tightened . Nothing !!! I opened it up - not a single bit of activity inside .
I'm used to using the Tropica system , but my tank is 60L , and I still have some algae . So , I thought maybe it was operating to the limits of its ability - hence a system that is supposed to handle up to 125 litres . The one in the shop is working really well . I'm thinking I must be doing something not right , but I have to say - I've tried JBL version , and the only bio system that seems to work reliably is the Tropica one . Any suggestions would be so helpful . My flat is lovely and warm ( 27 degrees ) ( maybe too warm - tanks at around 26.8 ?) . So yeast should work ( does with Tropica bio ) .

Well . I've just bought one and this is I'm feeling very dissappointed . Saw one operating in my lfs , who explained how to put it together . Read manual . Did exactly as it said : tablet +one packet activator ( its the 125 l system ) , 250g white granulated sugar and room temp ( I assumed blood temp ) water to line ( Super excited ) . Waited 24 hours . Nothing !!! . I checked everything - hand tightened lid . Bubble counter screw - hand tightened . release valse - tightened . Nothing !!! I opened it up - not a single bit of activity inside .
I'm used to using the Tropica system , but my tank is 60L , and I still have some algae . So , I thought maybe it was operating to the limits of its ability - hence a system that is supposed to handle up to 125 litres . The one in the shop is working really well . I'm thinking I must be doing something not right , but I have to say - I've tried JBL version , and the only bio system that seems to work reliably is the Tropica one . Any suggestions would be so helpful . My flat is lovely and warm ( 27 degrees ) ( maybe too warm - tanks at around 26.8 ?) . So yeast should work ( does with Tropica bio ) .

So sorry - I'm by no means an expert - and my entry is not a review . However , I am just wondering if anyone might have some ideas .

@BettaLove Yeast activation temperature is usually around 40-45C. If you still have the yeast solution, I'd try warming it up and giving it another go before making a new batch.

@BettaLove Yeast activation temperature is usually around 40-45C. If you still have the yeast solution, I'd try warming it up and giving it another go before making a new batch.
Ah - thankyou Disaronno. I wonder if , when they say water at room temp , they mean ' warm' . Tropica always say 35 degrees and I use a themometer to get it exactly right , so will try at 40 C for this one :)

Colombo Reactor seems a bit more bubbly to me.

I use to do a diy with yeast. Was always hit and miss for me.
Did that smaller one have a solenoid switch?

This link just popped up in my email.

IMG_9570.jpeg

Hi Disaronno - just a little update - thank you soo much ! Recharged using 38 degree water - and Bingo ! Working a treat ! Don’t think instructions for 20-24 degrees are very good .

Hi Disaronno - just a little update - thank you soo much ! Recharged using 38 degree water - and Bingo ! Working a treat ! Don’t think instructions for 20-24 degrees are very good .
Would you be able to post a little video or pic of it working? I am quite intrigued!

Back