• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Echinodorus id

MirandaB

Hi All,
I just wondered if anyone could give me an id on this Echinodorus as a certain seller on ebay is trying to tell me it's emmersed Rubin red "narrow" o_O
19877634309_709a468a0a_c.jpg

19443359743_0ecdebb4b5_c.jpg

It's hard, varying to impossible, to name a swordplant, let alone from emersed growth. There are a lot of hybrids with fancy names out there. It's getting more and more difficult to get a species (natural variety) because it's easier to propagate some varieties and easy to interbreed with them. Just go with what the seller says, or with what the label says.

Like said.........naming emerse Echinodorus is (at best) wild guesses. Many look very alike - and will change appearance according to how they're grown.
Edvet is quite right; it seems like every-one with a small paint-brush is cross-pollinating Echinodorus, these days - and all "experiments" are traded !!!!:drowning:
I can defenitely not say, this is NOT a Ech. 'Rubin narrow'.......but it can just as easile be a standard Ech. 'rose'........or several others......
Only way to know, is to grow it submersed; so you are participating a lottery here, sorry :rolleyes:

Thanks Mick.Dk....knowing my lottery luck I'm not holding my breath :lol: the seller has assured me "100%" that it is rubin red narrow so I'll have to take their word for it.

Back