• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Different Woods?

Just a quick one, I have Redmoor, Mopani and Bogwood ready for a new aquascape and wondered how people felt about using a variety of different woods in one scape?

Are there any reasons other than personal choice why not to do it?

Thanks

I know what you mean and I think initially it may look slightly odd, but I would be hoping that once it had grown in it may be less noticeable and/or add a pleasing rather than jarring sense of colours/textures.

Suspect it may be a "suck it and see" type of situation. A little worried that I will hate it and have a major job changing it.

Well pictures would help us tell if it will gel or jar. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a look, had a think, then decided to go just with redmoor! There is a bit of bogwood out of sight, but just one type of wood on view.

Still need to plant some more and put some more river stones, then put in the second filter and powerhead (with hydor external), and obviously remove the dragon rock holding the wood down...
16346996305_0026e9ea27_c.jpg
in and we will be good to go

Back