• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Auto Doser recommendations

EA James

Hi all,

I’ve been contemplating an auto doser for a while now, going to Florida for 16 days has forced my decision!
We go away in just over a week. I haven’t used an auto doser before so I’m looking for a reliable and cost effective doser.

Any recommendations guys?

IMG_8231.jpeg

I use a Red Sea doser 4 but thats because I had it from my marine days, fantastic doser though. If I was buying one specifically for a new tank then it would be the D-D P1 or P4 depending how many heads you wanted, Imo its the best doser for the money, you don't have to be super accurate like a marine tank.

I’ve been contemplating an auto doser for a while now, going to Florida for 16 days has forced my decision!
Well, looking at your tank and the plant species (Lots of Anubias varieties, Fern and such) I probably wouldn't be too worried leaving the tank without fertilizer dosing for two weeks... Yes, it may be a stretch - all tanks are unique... alternatively, if you dose the day you leave and can have someone come over and dose like 2-3 times or so during your vacation I'll bet it will be fine.

How do you care for the fish while away btw.?

Cheers,
Michael

Would NOT recommend the chihiros doser, it uses a proprietary and weird hose size (very small), and the hose fittings are brittle. Cant be easily replaced either because of the dimension.

I have two Kamoer X1 Pro 2’s that I’m going to sell, both unused as no longer needed, if they suit your needs get in touch, good luck.

Back