• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Zebra Nerite Snails

confusedman

Hello everyone

Do you know where to buy Zebra Nerite Snails in London (I live in the South East)?
I see they sell them on eBay and some shops ship them for 3 pounds but I am not sure how careful a 3 pound shipping would be....

Thanks

+1 on ebay problems, got to declare DOA within an hour of delivery and in the bag, the problem with snails is that you can't tell if they're dead of not
All 10 of the ones I bought died in transit or shortly after. Safe to say I received no refund.

Same here, bought some Assassins form a supposedly reputable eBay vendor. They were packaged in a sealed petri dish with wet kitchen towel, one crushed, several DOA, two alive but died with a couple of days. The smell when I opened up the dish was horrific. Never again.

Hello everyone

Do you know where to buy Zebra Nerite Snails in London (I live in the South East)?
I see they sell them on eBay and some shops ship them for 3 pounds but I am not sure how careful a 3 pound shipping would be....

Thanks

Funny enough, I'm rescaping my tank and I'm removing the zebra nerite snails. You can have them if you want? I have about 7 or 8. Just be warned, one of them likes to lay eggs a lot. They don't hatch obviously but they just leave little white dots everywhere that irritates me.

I'm also in London.

Expert at nothing, dab hand at many.

Same here, bought some Assassins form a supposedly reputable eBay vendor. They were packaged in a sealed petri dish with wet kitchen towel, one crushed, several DOA, two alive but died with a couple of days. The smell when I opened up the dish was horrific. Never again.

Sounds like the same seller I used. Bought 6 different ones they were all alive when they arrived only 2 are alive now the others either never even stuck there heads out and eventually died or moved a couple cm and eventually died. I really want a horned nerite but refuse to pay the £9 eBay is currently asking

Funny enough, I'm rescaping my tank and I'm removing the zebra nerite snails. You can have them if you want? I have about 7 or 8. Just be warned, one of them likes to lay eggs a lot. They don't hatch obviously but they just leave little white dots everywhere that irritates me.

I'm also in London.

Expert at nothing, dab hand at many.
Oh thanks I have PMed you!!

I bought horned Nerites from Tropco some time back, along with some fish. They were shipped just like the fish, in their own bag with some oxygen. They were good quality and are alive now. The rest I bought from Maidenhead Aquatics for some extortionate price.

Always got my nerites from ebay. The horned ones arrived with snapped off horns 🤦🏻‍♂️.
They do however lay alot of annoying white eggs!

Might be worth asking your LFS if they can order them in for you if they don't stock them usually.

Back