• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Zante from London (soon to be Florence)

Zante

Hi everyone, new member here, so I thought I'd introduce myself.

I've started keeping fish properly about five years ago and dove right into planted tanks with a Fluval Roma 90.

Since then I've accumulated quite a few tanks, now nearly all of them empty pending a move abroad, but I'm planning to fill them up again once I've settled in the new place.

At the moment I have a reef in my old Fluval tank, plumbed in with a larger 5 foot ex-reef (now just a container for the live rock, a 4 foot ex-discus tank that used to be well planted and a 30 litre shrimp tank. The other 10 tanks are packed away.

I have recently found out about ripariums (although I suppose my discus tank technically was already a riparium) and I'm planning to make a riparium of my next discus tank with immersed plants as well as emersed ones. Just to give you an idea, I've already planned a trellis up to the ceiling for the creepers such as pothos and philodendrons to climb up.

Hi!

Welcome to UKAPS!

Looking forward to the upcoming project.

It'll be some time before I can start. I will order the first tank lateish this coming summer and that will be for the reef, as I already have the live rock, some corals and inverts nobody wanted, and four fish I was unable to catch.

Following that, the amazon tank will be ordered.

In the meantime I like to have a plan ready before I even start. The plan will be flexible, but I like to know where I'm going before I start.

Last edited:
Back