• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

your opinion

Paulus

made a new scape with some Seiryu stones and colombo substrate (all new for me :)) do you guys like it or do you see some things that can be imporved? (i need to fill the background with some more substrate to get a nice slope :))

My first iwagumi :rolleyes:
iwagumi-001.jpg

iwagumi-002.jpg

iwagumi-003.jpg

iwagumi-004.jpg

iwagumi-005.jpg

iwagumi-006.jpg

iwagumi-007.jpg

iwagumi-008.jpg

iwagumi-009.jpg

iwagumi-010.jpg

iwagumi-011.jpg

Those rocks have really nice textures. My only comment is that there's no main rock. The two largest rocks kinda look similar and splits the scape in half, like a V-shape in the middle of the tank.

Nice rocks with plenty of potential.

However, at the moment they lack a little height and their placement does not look very natural. Your tank is relatively tall so you may need to consider how you wish to get more height from the rocks. Also try to align the rock's natural lines (strata) so they flow in a natural manner.

Have you seen this? -

http://www.aquajournal.net/na/iwagumi/introduction.html

thx all :)

The problem is i can't get the rocks heigher. the bottom of the rocks are flat. this is the heighest position i can get them. so they are laying more on the substrate instead of in the substrate :p

@george: yes i know the link :) placed it on my blog a few days ago :) but thanks anyway :)

i have made some small adjustments to the height of the rocks. is it better? :rolleyes:

iwagumi-012.jpg

iwagumi-013.jpg

iwagumi-014.jpg

iwagumi-015.jpg

iwagumi-016.jpg

The obvious, if rather harsh solution is - get some bigger rocks! Assuming that's not possible, you might be able to exaggerate the height of one rock by burying all the others more. You could also do this to answer Flygja's criticism about the two biggest stones self-cancelling - if one stone is much more prominent than all the rest, it'll give it greater emphasis.

I'd also experiment with using fewer of the stones you have - play a bit more, I say!

Hope this helps - they're lovely rocks, too.

Back