• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

You know nothing (Gareth Rogers) ada 60 (h)45

Final layout i hope before planting!! only downside i have a 2 week wait before plants go in !
20170122_192104.jpg
20170122_192135.jpg
20170122_192026.jpg
20170122_192217.jpg
20170122_191928.jpg

looks really cool, i like the final composition! I will be watching as you plant this one out!

We need to wait 2 weeks!? Not sure we can last that long ;)
I know its way too long but unfortunately i am on 24 call out all next week not the best starting up a new tank!! plus got a long weekend the week after so perfect for me setting it up, still deciding on planting anyway gives me a bit of time as hardscape is set . :bookworm:

New co2 diffuser arived today from one of our sponsers and have to say i am very impressed with build quality and look if diffusion rate matches i will be very happy also it has easily changable ceramic discs which will help as it comes to maintenance.
20170130_161532.jpg
20170130_161535.jpg

finally ordered plants yesterday which arrives next friday from one of our sponsors who was very helpful as always (thanks dave) :thumbup:. think i may of gone a bit OTT but that part is going to be part of the learning process ! one thing is i do have a plan so everything has its place hopefully it will be harmonious and not chaotic , full plant list is at the beginning of this journal

you may want to flood & check wood isn't going anywhere - just cover soil with paper towel or plastic bag to prevent disturbance during fill - easy to drain when plants arrive
(paper will catch any fine debris/dust)

Great scape ... going to go read plants now :D

Flora :
- Monte carlo
- Pogostemon helferi
- Staurogyne repens
- Bucephalandra "wavey green"
- Hydrocotyle tripartita japan
- Limnophilla sesslilfoora
- Ammania sp bonsai
- Eleocharis dwarf hairgrass
- Eleocharis parula
- Taxiphyllum barbieri
- Taxiphyllum flame
- Vesicularia ferriei "weeping"

make sure you have enough fast growing stems to help with tank start up
eg, use lots of Limnophila sessiliflora
Some Tropica suggestions, Auxiliary Plants

you may want to flood & check wood isn't going anywhere - just cover soil with paper towel or plastic bag to prevent disturbance during fill - easy to drain when plants arrive
(paper will catch any fine debris/dust)

Great scape ... going to go read plants now :D
Thanks alto ! Im flooding the tank today like you said want to make sure it all stays in place the tree is anchored all the way to the bottom but some of the roots may lift also want to make sure the soil inclines stay in place, i have made some substrate supports to fix temporary in place if needed being a electician surface trunking comes in handy . I have to test the filter also so ideal opportunity .

make sure you have enough fast growing stems to help with tank start up
eg, use lots of Limnophila sessiliflora
Some Tropica suggestions, Auxiliary Plants
Yes i feel i have done this its hard judging the amount of plants needed and i am quite sure i have over ordered but i have some glass bowls on standby to sideline and try wabi kusa ! Thanks for advice

I've been reading about Kessils and I still don't know if they are noisy or not ; could you please clarify this one for me ?

Envoyé de mon SM-G935F en utilisant Tapatalk

I've been reading about Kessils and I still don't know if they are noisy or not ; could you please clarify this one for me ?

Envoyé de mon SM-G935F en utilisant Tapatalk
hiya eduard the kessil does have a fan running on the unit but you can barely hear it in my opinion ! especially once other equipment is running you would not notice it at all.
i think its a great light the glitter lines really set a tank off also and can really make certain set ups gives it a more natural feel

Back