• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Wrong fish?

Julii

Hi all, some of you may have seen my other thread about two Julii Corydoras I had that passed away and a third one that was poorly. I did a course of meditation for the tank and the poorly one has survived and is thriving. So I've left it a week or so and decided as I only had 6 Corydoras and now there are 4 I need to get two more to replace the ones that died.

So I went to Maidenhead aquatics yesterday and bought two Julii, I didn't pay much attention to them until I got home and realised one of them looks nothing like my Julii. After doing a bit of googling I think it is a C102 Leopard Cory

Will it be okay on its own with 5 Julii for company? They are in a 56L tank with 7 Cardinal Tetra so I don't want to overpopulate the tank by having to get more!

Attachments

• PXL_20241011_183341337.jpg
    PXL_20241011_183341337.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
I forgot to say it is happily shoaling with the others and almost seems to be leading the group!

I thought some of the species with similar patterns but different head/snout shape shoaled together in nature for safety in numbers, but took advantage of different feeding niches.

Back