• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Would you trim this moss?

FishKeeper55

Wanted your opinion regards the spiky moss, would you let it keep growing or trim it? wonder if at some stage will just stop growing up, looking for maybe bit more bushy grow.

IMG-0105-2.jpg

As a fellow Moss Lover - I think moss really benefits from a trim and does get denser. But its a real faff in my tank, I used 3 types, far too much and it grows like crazy!

You can only really trim it during a water change too, since it doesn't float up like everything else. So you need to be efficient at trimming and syphoning. Personally, I really like the way your spiky moss has turned out though and the whole scape :thumbup:

I would be fairly happy if the moss stayed the way it is, but I had a nasty experience with xmas moss, was growing very well then I trimmed it a bit, 2 week later died, all turned brown and never re-grown, not sure if something in tank just crashed or was down to my interference, I do hope this won't detach from branches as only been glued in couple of spots.

For something we just throw in tank and let the plants grow I'm happy how it turned out, less I touch that tank the better it does, weekly water change and ferts after that, learned my lesson just let the plants grow. Just wished I had as much luck with the smaller tank :(

I know with my xmas moss you need to trim it, otherwise the moss underneath can die off. I would say all plants if trimmed properly benefit from this….

Back