• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Would RO ReMineral+ cause Algae?

sjb123

Hi,
have just got back into it after neglecting tank for the last 6 months!! (odd water change/to much Golf)!
I have always used RO water but used to mix it with tap water so thought i would try all RO water with(Dennerle) Osmose ReMineral+ added, this was 2 weeks ago. Last week noticed Staghorn+ i think Brush Algae starting to appear!!
Is this just a coincidence or is it because i have just improved things i.e.: new tubes & new plants etc.? (tubes added 1 month ago)
Tank(Rio 400) has been running since 2004 using (Dennerle Nature Aquaristic system) with no problems until now!
KH = 2
GH = 5
Nitrite = 0
Nitrate = Less than 10ppm
PH has always been 6.6 but has dropped to 6.4 today as i have just increased Co2 slightly!

Would be Grateful of any help please, Cheers Steve B
my.php
[/url] [/img]

Your problems have bothing to do with the RO water and remineralising salt. I think your algae is probably down to the changes you've made with insufficient CO2, insufficent nutrients and too much light for the other factors.

Back