• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Winners of the ukaps awards 2013

Ian Holdich

Firstly, I want to say thank you to everyone who voted, this has been great fun. George and I have been talking and we think next year we will expand on this and try and get some sponsors involved.
However, George has decided to donate some prizes to the winners this year...good on George!

So, without further adieu...

Best aquascape done by a ukaps member - the winner is Tom, for his 'Bucket of mud'
Tom's Bucket O' Mud - new vid page 28 | Page 31 | UK Aquatic Plant Society
Tom will receive a some Vimi root tabs, kindly donated by George.

Best international aquascape done by a ukaps member - the winner is Ionut Godea with Peisaj
Peisaj (landscape) | UK Aquatic Plant Society
Ionut will receive a bottle of 'Accelerator' carbon by Vimi, kindly donated by George

Best ukaps journal 2013 - Alistair's 'little box of chocolates'
A 'little' box of chocolates, licorice n allsorts - baby chocco fry | Page 28 | UK Aquatic Plant Society
Alistair's will receive a bottle of Vimi Micro ferts, kindly donated by George

Best all round newcomer (ukaps member) - is Tim (noted by some top scapers to be one of the best new members on ukaps, always very helpful.)

Tim will receive a bottle of Vimi 'All in Red' bottle of ferts, kindly donated by George

Last but not least, Best piece of aquascaping equipment 2013 - is the Eheim skim 350

Well done to all the winners and thank you so much for all those who voted. Hopefully we will expand on this next year.

You will all receive a pm shortly, and George will post out the ferts after the new year.

Congratulations to all of the worthy winners (note to self .must try harder with the journals etc)

Cheers
Martin

Thanks everyone for voting. Feel honoured and wasnt expecting it.

Congratulations to the other winners too Tom, tim ionut and a big thanks to UKAPS as a whole for giving me the knowledge and inspiration for my tanks.

And also to ian for getting this going and to george for kindly donating the prizes

For next time it might be useful with some nominations to make the process easier. I found myself wanting to vote, but to do it seriously I had to realize that I needed to do quite a bit of research. Also, it is sometimes not always clear who belong in the international category and who in the newcomer category. I am sure a lot more will be voting this way. Looking forward to the next round :).

Thomas

For next time it might be useful with some nominations to make the process easier. I found myself wanting to vote, but to do it seriously I had to realize that I needed to do quite a bit of research. Also, it is sometimes not always clear who belong in the international category and who in the newcomer category. I am sure a lot more will be voting this way. Looking forward to the next round :).

Thomas

I agree with Too,it might make the voting procedure a little easier.

Cheers
Martin

Back