• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

will my hc cuba survive without co2?

bumcrumb

hi all
as some of you may know my co2 kit has snuffed it :twisted: and is a time bomb at the min so im dosing only easy carbo (1ml) per day now.
my hc was growing very very well with the co2 before it packed up now after a week of not having it pressurised and only easy carbo ive noticed the leaves don't look at healthy and some are turning yellow.
i feel now that i have wasted a ton of money on this tank, i had finally got it looking right and growing right and this happens :(
cheers all :bored:

how big is the tank? and have you got any livestock in there?

I've had hc growing 'ok' in my nano with just easycarbo.

C

hi chris, ive only got the 10 cherry shrimp in there at the min so i was worried about the easy carbo, can you see the plants you gave me lol, i need to get a tank shot when i get a camera lol :thumbup:

lol, yes it is the ET, you did give me a load lol.
do water changes increase co2 within the tank then??
i was thinking of getting a spare 95g bottle and a new regulator and setting it up with the other tubes/diffuser etc and putting the 'time bomb' where?? :? :? any ideas???

hi
have you got any livestock in the tank? i read somewhere that excel wasn't to good for shrimp?
im dosing now after the co2 bottle stopped working;
0.5ml tpn+
1ml easy carbo

also will the drop checker change colour when using just easy carbo or only when co2 is injected?
;)

hey sorry chump i forgot to say about the lights.
i have a 15w bulb (arcadia freshwater lamp) on from 12.00 till 9.00.
i did have a 8w arcadia original lamp on at the same time but that was causing to much algae in a 10l.
what else could i do then for the co2? how many times can i do a water change in a week with livestock??
cheers guys ;)

well... I'm no expert but you could try cutting the lighting down while you haven't got the CO2 and stick with your easycarbo... thats what i'd do (as wearsbunnyslippers says it's working for them too). Cut the light to 6 hrs and I might even go for an experimental 50% water change everyday then add ferts and ec. I think the livestock would be ok with the water changes, in fact wouldn't they quite like them, all that fresh clean water. These things are so complicated, and the livestock needs to be the priority.

The drop checker wouldn't be affected by easycarbo. it is really only monitoring a change in ph rather than an amount of carbon.

nice one mate :thumbup: i have done one water change today so ill do another tomorrow night etc, ill do the lighting for 6, do you think it will be enough for the hc??
cheers bud ;)

just wondering how you faired with this one, though id bump it up and let you know ive been tripple doseing my 20gal now with easy-carbon and none of my shrimp/shrimplets or frogs seem to care about it at all.

I think its mostly people wanting to blame something for their dead shrimps....

hi mate, sorry i haven't been on here for a week or so, been so busy trying to get that koi pond finished lol
i couldn't believe it! you would never have thought but since the co2 kit 'exploded' and i was without co2 bottle form it has gone very nice indeed.
the hc has spread very thickly and the new leave that have come up since are so small are green.
i have been dosing around 1.5ml per day
ill post some pics soon
cheers :thumbup:

bumcrumb said:
hi mate, sorry i haven't been on here for a week or so, been so busy trying to get that koi pond finished lol
i couldn't believe it! you would never have thought but since the co2 kit 'exploded' and i was without co2 bottle form it has gone very nice indeed.
the hc has spread very thickly and the new leave that have come up since are so small are green.
i have been dosing around 1.5ml per day
ill post some pics soon
cheers :thumbup:

That sounds mazing, This i have to see. :D

cheers guys, the tank is only 12 litres and was a little project to try and see if a aquascape was possible in a very narrow desk top aquarium.
this has been a real test as at times i wanted to just get rid and buy a 4ft fish only tank as i had before but i never gave in!
so far its growing very well so im happy as its now not costing me the earth as it did before.
i was having 15w and a 8w together with co2 at 3 bps easy carbo and pro fito but now only using the 1 15w bulb for only 6hrs as helped by people on here with only 1.5ml easy carbo and 0.5ml tpn+ daily.
still a little more in the growing and reshaping also need some larger seriyu rock for the centre if anyone has a little spare ;)
cheers guys :thumbup:

Back