• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • Most of the remaining team are off on holiday meaning the forum does not have sufficient cover. As such the site will be placed in maintenance mode where it can be viewed but no posts/threads can be made and will remain this way until August 11th, apologies for the inconvience.

Will glosso grow in a non co2 tank? + How to plant??

tko187

Hi lfs just got some nice glosso in, was just wondering if it possible to plant in a non co2 tank plus no planting substrate, i will probably do this next week. Also it comes in one pot do i divide it into little bits and plant or just plant the whole thing in one piece?? Thanks.

Possibly, with enough light and other nutrients. Easycarbo or Excel will help a lot.

Split the pot up into individual plantlets and plant with tweezers. Takes hours but gives best chance of success and speeds up carpeting process.

Thanks George, i went to my local garden centre and they had a fresh delivery and really cheap to for tropica, 4for £8, i checked on Greenline online and they are 4.95 so a good saving.

tko187 said:
Thanks George, i went to my local garden centre and they had a fresh delivery and really cheap to for tropica, 4for £8, i checked on Greenline online and they are 4.95 so a good saving.

blimey! you should resell on ebay :lol: youd make a fortune

tko187 said:

DAMN!!! Wheres that?
The MA@ St. Albans where I go does a good deal on Tropica plants, 6 for £20 any pots. But your local is giving them away.

They get fresh every week, i noticed they get in about 6 pot each week.

passerby* said:
so how is ur glosso going..is going alright with no co2 ..??
cheers....passerby
Hey, I never actually got round to buying any, I am supposed to be rescaping my tank but haven't had time, willl definately do this next week, right now I'm in holland! I do have plans still for glosso and hc but I will be adding co2. Thanks.

Back