• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Why is my rotala not red plea help!

xandro007

Is dose ei mutch iron
High CO2
High light
But my rotala isn't red
5ca5bfc54617a31d9ded730de27b8110.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Let me tell you about my experience with rotala.I had them from Tropica (actually some stem cuts from the forum as well) It has become a real bush but has never become as red as and as large as on Tropica's web site.Some of the top leaves were giving a nice pink tint and large .So I increased EI traces by 30 % and increased the light insanely (Simply put a 12W white LED (6500K) spot just above the rotala) ,had a better CO2 distrubiton on the plant by placing a spray bar right above the plant than gave a really good trim. And it made a real difference.It has become a lot more of what is was before in terms of red hue and size of leaves. The problem leaves were large and their shades were stopping the growth of lower leaves.So I unrooted some of the plants and planted them to a lager area and tried to trim like a slope.I am hoping I will get a better appearance .

Ok thanks i will upgrade my light and increase my dosing

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

This is mine at 3 1/2 weeks after planting Tropica 12-Grow

42CE8BA8-850B-485A-8F91-893932AB701F_zps0emctg8l.jpg

I'm only dosing potassium and iron (ADA Brighty K and Step 1) The lighting is very high, ADA 602

I'm only dosing potassium and iron (ADA Brighty K and Step 1) The lighting is very high, ADA 602

Blimey ,you are sure it is rotala,arent you lol..... And just curiosity, how many watts are ADA 602?

I can solve this easily...........Tropica only sell Rotala macrandra and Rotala indica 'bonzai' in 1-2-Grow! range.
...........and looking at picture, this one is Rotala macrandra !!!

I can solve this easily...........Tropica only sell Rotala macrandra and Rotala indica 'bonzai' in 1-2-Grow! range.
...........and looking at picture, this one is Rotala macrandra !!!
You have saved me being depressed: why the heck of my rotalas are not that red all the way from top to the bottom.....Many thanks :)

Back