• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Why do you spend so much time on UKAPS

zanguli-ya-zamba

Seedling
Hi Members,
I know that most of you spend a lot of time on UKAPS, so I wanted to know why ?

I spend a lot of time on our community (maybe too much haha), why ?
Because every time I am on UKAPS I learn something or I build up more acknowledge on what I already know, I also like the sharing we have here with different members.
Seeing the different creation of members push me to do better, like when I see stu scape or george, piece of fish, and lot more etc.
An other think that make me comeback all the time is seeing the evolution of members, in their aquascape skills.

In fact I just love that community, and wanted to say thank you the founder, moderators and all the nice members that I have "met" !!!!!! Hope one day I could meet some in real life

cheers
Zanguli

I use my phone and pop on whenever I have 2 mins spare, I learn something new ever time I log on thats what keeps me coming back also great friendly members give great advice and help constantly, you can't fail to be impressed with this place :)

my girlfriend doesn't understand me...

...actually I take that back a bit...fair play to her, last week during a romantic getaway to Bordeaux I happened to spot a perfect nymphoides to finish off my scape (a micro version of a lilly). Only problem was it was in a public "jardin botantique". There was a couple of tiny plantlets that were growing in an overflow away from the main display, in the spirit of mother nature and propagation I hatched a plan to return the next day and gather the little beauties, naturegirl was with me all the way!

Apart from many above and more, when I get frustrated with my tank failures, i come here to get inspired... and not loose hope.

Rekindle that old love affair.

:rolleyes:

niru

I am relatively new to the planted side of the hobby and being interested in Biology ,fish keeping and growing aquatic plants seem to fulfill my thirst for knowledge. By lurking around the forum then becoming a member I have gained new insight in caring for the needs of plant's. Although, I have became more knowledgeable than prior to joining the forum I have a lot more to learn from this awesome community, that is why i spend a lot of time on UKAPS.

I need to keep an eye on you lot. :)

Seriously though - it is just nice to spend time with like-minded folk, helping the less experienced, sharing the love and always learning something new.

I am bias but I think UKAPS is the best planted tank resource in the world. That's surely a good reason to spend lots of time on here! :)

Personally, I find it a new and inspiring way of choosing wallpaper - these are just some of my current favourites...

slj6.jpg

7l53Shc.jpg

img0422gu.jpg

situ-2.jpg

2012-10-15%2013.14.25.jpg

dscf0231w.jpg

It's such an active forum it's pretty close to a chat room at time with how quick it moves.

Good group of well mannered and knowledgable people.

Great pictures
Well presented
It's just a great little escape when I have two minutes...in the breaks on tv or doing a poo, on my lunch break or when I'm waiting for my gf to get ready haha...I find myself always having a click through.

Back