• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

why do my fish have long poo?

tyrophagus

I was wondering if anyone knows why my fish have developed long trailing poo's. They have been in my tank for 18 months and have only just started. I'm concerned they may have some nutrient deficiency. I feed them a commercial pellet food and the odd meal of frozen bloodworm etc.

can anyone point me to a resource that might explain this problem, or does anyone have experience of it?

Long stringy.. white, red? It could be some worm parasite. There is sera nematol which could treat all internal parasites.

tyrophagus said:
I was wondering if anyone knows why my fish have developed long trailing poo's. They have been in my tank for 18 months and have only just started. I'm concerned they may have some nutrient deficiency. I feed them a commercial pellet food and the odd meal of frozen bloodworm etc.

can anyone point me to a resource that might explain this problem, or does anyone have experience of it?

most dried foods contain binders to keep them together when they submerge, lay off the food for 2 or 3 days then give them live food, preferably artemia - if difficult use frozen for a while.

Back