• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Who's coming to the UKAPS Aquascaping Experience 2016?

Are you attending the UKAPS Aquascaping Experience?

• Total voters
3.5hrs from Germany?!?! Blimey!!

I couldn't believe it myself, but that near that tunnel must be something like a rocket launch platform.. I live 20 minutes from Aachen, there goes a train to bruxelles belgium.. 30 minutes stop there and than one way ticket London without stop.. Never traveled the tunnel before.. They say flying takes longer because of the check in and security control time at the airports. It's nuts.

Aachen Hbf 07:23
Thalys to Bruxelles-Midi/Brussel 08:32

08:52 Eurostar 9117 London St.Pancras
09:57 London St.Pancras(Londen)

It's only about 30 mins away from me but that'll be one of the busiest days of the year in my profession...will put in a holiday request form & see what happens.
Fingers crossed :)

I couldn't believe it myself, but that near that tunnel must be something like a rocket launch platform.. I live 20 minutes from Aachen, there goes a train to bruxelles belgium.. 30 minutes stop there and than one way ticket London without stop.. Never traveled the tunnel before.. They say flying takes longer because of the check in and security control time at the airports. It's nuts.

Aachen Hbf 07:23
Thalys to Bruxelles-Midi/Brussel 08:32

08:52 Eurostar 9117 London St.Pancras
09:57 London St.Pancras(Londen)

Hi Marcel, I am in London as you know :) If you can get over Friday you can stay at my flat and we can travel up on Saturday together Would be nice to meet you my friend :)

Hi Marcel, I am in London as you know :) If you can get over Friday you can stay at my flat and we can travel up on Saturday together Would be nice to meet you my friend :)
Thanks Roy, thats a nice generous offer i gladly accept, makes the desision a lot easier.. Would indeed be very nice mate.. :) To finaly meet some people and faces behind the names in person. Never been to england before, this would be a nice exciting opportunity, to get the most out of it.. I hope i can make it and looking forward to it. Still got about 2 months to practise my Louis van Gaal accent..

Thanks Roy, thats a nice generous offer i gladly accept, makes the desision a lot easier.. Would indeed be very nice mate.. :) To finaly meet some people and faces behind the names in person. Never been to england before, this would be a nice exciting opportunity, to get the most out of it.. I hope i can make it and looking forward to it. Still got about 2 months to practise my Louis van Gaal accent..

It would be great :woot::woot: Just let me know nearer the time :thumbup:

It would be great :woot::woot: Just let me know nearer the time :thumbup:
Indeed it would. :woot:.. I have to find somebody up to the task to take care for my cats and tanks even if it is for a few days.. The tanks are all open top and evap rather more than expected, need a daily refill.. Especialy the one with the sump cant do a few days without. But still got tiem to figure something out. :) I let you know on time. :thumbup:

Indeed it would. :woot:.. I have to find somebody up to the task to take care for my cats and tanks even if it is for a few days.. The tanks are all open top and evap rather more than expected, need a daily refill.. Especialy the one with the sump cant do a few days without. But still got tiem to figure something out. :) I let you know on time. :thumbup:

Hi Marcel, You could place a clear plastic cover over the tanks for a couple of days ;) Hope you can make it mate.It will be the highlight of the year :)

Yes indeed Roy, already brainstorming how to get it fixed without damaging the emersed growth.. But already got it.. stick 16 mm pvc pipe with tape to the corners sticking up high enough and rap it up with cling film will do.. :) :thumbup:

Is there a schedule for the day yet? Im just debating to bring the kids along :)
Hiya, the day will be fully packed(from 10am till 6pm), the hardscape challenge, 3 seminars and some other activities. Won't get bored. :)
Here is the program, but please note that it may change!

10:00:00 Opening and Greetings
10:15:00 Aquascaping Demo with Dan Crawford & George Farmer
11:00:00 Live Hardscape Challenge (10 entrants)
12:30:00 Lunch break
13:00:00 Start of Aquascaping Principles Seminar - George Farmer
15:00:00 End of the Live Hardscape Challenge
15:00:00 Photography Workshop with Stu Worrall
16:30:00 Announcement of the Winner of the Hardscape Challenge
16:45:00 Prize draw for all attending
17:00:00 Q&A session, Auction / sale for hardscape, fish, plants and networking
18:00:00 End

Last edited by a moderator:
Pondering it.☺

You are coming to Scotland first thou George
Will see you there/here