• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

white spot

Not all fish can cope with raising the temperature to those levels and indeed Discus still seem to manage to get whitespot even at those temps.
There is also "import spot" which is temperature resistant....for the sake of £5 I'd rather easily treat with a med than subject fish to added stress of high temps :)
Import ich is code for our medicines don't work. Only ever heard of in dosing instructions.

I've sorted things with king british, the cardinals did not make it though.
Corys, pleco and SAE have recovered.

Not all fish can cope with raising the temperature to those levels and indeed Discus still seem to manage to get whitespot even at those temps.
There is also "import spot" which is temperature resistant....for the sake of £5 I'd rather easily treat with a med than subject fish to added stress of high temps :)

I agree with @MirandaB on this.

There are strains that are heat resistant and require temperatures of about 92F/33C or higher to start to kill it off.

Import ich is code for our medicines don't work. Only ever heard of in dosing instructions.

There are studies going back to the 1990s showing heat resistant strains even back then.

I agree with @MirandaB on this.

There are strains that are heat resistant and require temperatures of about 92F/33C or higher to start to kill it off.

There are studies going back to the 1990s showing heat resistant strains even back then.
Well in 45years of fish keeping iv'e never met one.

Agreed i"ll stick to the tried and tested method. Never lost a fish to ich :D

Back