• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

White lump or spot on Neon Tetra

Hi guys

Thought I’d thread this and see if anyone can shed light.

Saw some threads on Planted Tank and Tropical Fish Forums about this and it seemed inconclusive - even genetic?

The fish is isolated but healthy and active and feeding. It’s started to get a bit bigger so not sure what this lump could be?

I’ve tried a course of Melafix and Pimafix one after the other and cut down on food and lowered temp to 22oc from 24 to try and reduce any bacteria but not stress fish.

He’s in a large tank currently with the other fish all in quarantine. All the others are also active and eating and no sign of this lump on their mouths as before. Could be many things but certainly seems it’s not a general fungal or bacterial infection by the looks of the results from trying to treat for both.

Any ideas or experience with this at all or just genetic? He’s had the lump for around 8 weeks id say and it’s got a little bigger in that time but now almost reached a large size and stopped.

Pics below please zoom for clarity.

3375ab402b1b089e46ffaac0d7b86837.jpg

2e68a62f2e9436b49bca817589352a85.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possible Columnaris!

Thanks Sarpijk.

He’s very active though dude, and I don’t see legions on his body or sores/film?

Like I say - he’s been like this for a number of weeks but very coloured up still and eating well. Fins and body seems in order.

None of the rest have it either?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back