• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

White cloud mountain minnow spinning/ whirling disease

Sarpijk

Hi all, last year I had some problems with my minnows. I had some die after having these symptoms and some developed fungus. I lost about 5 fish. I treated the tank with Kanaplex and after that I moved and setup a whole new tank but kept the remaining fish that survived.

Few days ago , an older female , which ia entirely possible to be one of the initial stock , seemed a little off and the red on her tale was faded but it would swim and eat with the rest.

Yesterday I caught her spinning uncontrollably at times and today I decided to isolate her.

The only info I could find is about a whirling disease that affects trout and salmon..

Should I be worried for the rest of my fish or is it an old age symptom?

Could be swim bladder or parasites, if it's swim bladder it's your water quality, up the water changes.

If it's parasites, as a precaution you can treat with praziquintel, usually used for discus.

I stay on top of weekly water changes. Also the tank is heavily planted . I dose maybe once a week. I also keep shrimp which look fine so I do not think this water related.

Could it be attributed to ferts? I dose DTPA iron.

Back