• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Which spray bar for 16/22 hose?

Sacha

I am using an Eheim professional 3 600 external filter (1250 lph) on my Juwel Rio 125, with 16/22 mm hose. I am currently using an APS (all pond solutions) spray bar, that came with the APS 1400 lph filter (which I no longer use). The reason I am using the APS spray bar and not the Eheim one, is because the Eheim shepherds crook will not fit in the slot of the Rio's hood. As in, I can't close the lid if I use the Eheim spray bar.

The flow from the spray bar is pathetic. Barely more than a trickle. This is because for some unknown reason, APS drill about a hundred holes in their spray bars, killing flow.

So I am looking for another spray bar that will fit the 16/22 mm hose, but that will allow me to actually close the lid of the tank. It needs to provide good flow, i.e. not have too many holes in it. The Eheim spray bars probably have the ideal number of holes.

Any advice?

Please, no replies telling me to cut open my tank hood or anything like that, I don't want to be doing any DIY to the tank here.

Cheers.

DIY clear acrylic tube 18mm ED 14mm ID worked great for me and nice and clear. Just use the eheim black end cap as per their spray bar or an 18mm diameter acrylic disk and seal it on the end.

Looks good to me, but I don't have a good track record with glassware. Is there a similar thing in plastic??

I used fluval spray bars they came with everything need plus loads of good quality suckers.. Nice evenly spaced holes.. I must admit I used both tubes but blocked up every other hole which gave me a fantastic flow :)

Thanks guys.
Just wondering, is there an easy way to block up holes without using a glue gun?

Back