• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Which soil and substrate are good ?

Hello All,

as i am going to setup my first tank need to know that which substrate and soil is good for low tech aqarium with economic price . I have low budget for my first tank. Alos Is co2 must for plantation ?

Cheap, inert gravel so it won’t harden your water or leach ammonia into your water necessitating frequent water changes at start up and every time you disturb the substrate. Grain size perhaps 2-4 mm to avoid compaction but also enable easy planting. CO2 is not essential if you choose the right plants and almost certainly an unnecessary serious complication if this is your first tank.

Good luck,Ian

Different people, diff. Style of making aqarium. Seen many videos on youtube and they all are using diff things like SUPER 4, ADA MATERIALS ETC. Little bit confuse about the procedure and materials using in it

Different people, diff. Style of making aqarium. Seen many videos on youtube and they all are using diff things like SUPER 4, ADA MATERIALS ETC. Little bit confuse about the procedure and materials using in it
Everyone has their favourite brand etc, and everyone is likely to give you a different reply.

In a low tech (or high tech really) setup, you can use any substrate you like really, inert gravel or sand, ADA Amazonia or Topica aqua soil.

Most of the stuff you will see the big YouTubers use is not needed in a low tech tank, the ADA super 4 for example.

Back