• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Which rock?

Danielm

i managed to locate a couple of shops with some rock. One had a good selection of maple leaf stone but there was not much to be found the grey ‘tones’ I was looking for.

Many of the aquascapes I have researched or seen on YouTube have used Seiyru stone - when I asked the LFS about this, they said that it was quite difficult to keep water stable as it can dissolve? Is this true? Has anyone got any experience with Maple stone?

TIA
Dan

Hi Danielm
I have seen some shrimp scapes with Mapleleaf stone.They look great.I am about to start a tank with them soon.Its just like fancy lava rock.Lots of pores to attach moss or anything very easy.Lightweight so will not come as expensive as other heavy rocks.And has tons of character.Its inert but depending on sorce may have lots of clay in it wich its easy to get out after soak for 24h with a bamboo skewer and a thooth brush
Regards Konsa

Back