• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Which fish in aquarium

Kevin2016

Hi all,

I have a 100 x 40 x 60 aquarium (240 liter gross / 180;200 netto) and i copied a scape from interzoo 2018.
Also the tank is mature.

Currently there are 2 Trichopodus leerii, 5x otocinclus, uncountable cherry shrimps.

There were about 12 Trigonostigma heteromorpha which I had supplemented with 10. However, there was probably a virus/parasite in the new fish that killed both the new and old Trigonostigma heteromorpha. The other fish and shrimp have no problems.

Which fish would suit this layout ? I was thinking of a large group of Boraras brigittae or ember tetras. Is it also possible to add 1 more female gourami?

Kind Regards
Kevin

Capture.PNG

Hi Kevin. If you like the ember tetra then I'd go for a big group of those assuming your certain there aren't potential health worries in the tank.
The boraras are great fish but can sometimes get lost in larger tanks unless you have a really large group, they can also be out competed by some fish unless you really keep an eye on how much they are eating. Perhaps a different species would be complimentary and less problematic for you to mix with the embers. I like Hyphessobrycon elatys (reed tetra) or even more common species like black neons might look great.
If you have a pair of gourami then you should be able to add another female. They are a species which lives in groups in the wild and they can be really rewarding keeping them in this way but for some reason some people don't always have success from what I've seen on forums but I've never had any issues, even between the males, when keeping them in groups.

Hi Mort!

thank you for your prompt reply!
I was thinking about a large group of ember tetra in combination with green neon rasbora.

I think the rasbora brig. is too small even in larges groups.

I’ve got a little boy and he likes to watch the fishes. So the fishes needs to be very colorful

what do you think about this combination ?

kind regards

I've seen embers and green neon rasbora mixed quite a few times and although I don't have any personal experience with the rasbora, I think it will work well going by the tanks that I've seen combining the two.

Embers and green neons have the same bodyshape and size, and inhabit the same area of the tank. Wouldnt it be more fun to add something different in shape/region such as pencils or hockeys? In the end its all down to preference of course.
hockeys?

Embers and green neons have the same bodyshape and size, and inhabit the same area of the tank. Wouldnt it be more fun to add something different in shape/region such as pencils or hockeys? In the end its all down to preference of course.
True that!
Pencils looks nice! I need to check them out in real life. Otherwise I think I will get some ember tetra’s and stay with one specie, next to the otto’s and gourami’s.

Back