• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Which CO2 System

Daniel Hesketh

Seedling
Am looking to buy my first CO2 system for a Juwel Rio 180l.

My lfs has the JBL pro flora M 1003 system on offer for £250.

It's comes with a ph controller, 2kg cylinder, regulator etc. I wanted to ask if anyone has experience of this system and if they rate it well or not?

does the ph controller give a little more of a safe guard from chance of gassing the fish?

If the sys is not so good I have also being looking at the co2 art dual stage regulator set ups, with solenoid etc and using a drop checker to monitor the co2 level. Does anyone have experience of these systems and if so would I be selling myself short going for the pro one versus the advance pro? Any other recommendations welcome too.

Thanks

Dan

Am looking to buy my first CO2 system for a Juwel Rio 180l.

My lfs has the JBL pro flora M 1003 system on offer for £250.

It's comes with a ph controller, 2kg cylinder, regulator etc. I wanted to ask if anyone has experience of this system and if they rate it well or not?

does the ph controller give a little more of a safe guard from chance of gassing the fish?

If the sys is not so good I have also being looking at the co2 art dual stage regulator set ups, with solenoid etc and using a drop checker to monitor the co2 level. Does anyone have experience of these systems and if so would I be selling myself short going for the pro one versus the advance pro? Any other recommendations welcome too.

Thanks

Dan

I had the co2 art for 300l, very good system at a very good price; with a FE you can't go wrong, and will likely save yourself about £50

Fwiw, I've the new Co2 art updated single stage solenoid and it's super easy to dial in bubble rate. You can adjust outlet pressure too. It makes me think the old design must have been a dog if flow control is such an issue. I guess the dual stage should also prevent end of tank dumps but I still don't see why it's si much more expensive for a precision valve. They should all be precise, or else it's not fit for purpose! :)

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

It's their upgraded valve. Basically, if you order one they should send the revised one. I asked in my order for them to confirm and they sent it.

I snagged a 2kg FE for £8. Now have a spare which I paid £12 for. Fully running with their intense defuser for £100. I'm still on my first FE 2 months on with my 155ltr tank

Back