• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Which carpet for no co2 low tech?

neonplanet40

Hi guys,

I am setting up my 40ltr nano and would like a carpet plant for it.

The substrate is ADA Amazonia.

I am just looking ideas on which plants to get? I will have a Chihiros WRGB and there will no Co2.

I will be using EI Ferts.

Type of plants - Carpet and a longer nice one just at the back?

Any ideas folks?

Also, I had thought about going DSM. However, will this work with ADA Amazonia if it spikes ammonia etc? Won't this cause issues when it gets wet?

Thank you for your help :)

Mark

Custom nano measures approximately:
Width = 12 inches
Height = 14 inches
Length = 15 inches

Hi,

I've got a near full Monte Carlo carpet in my 20L shrimp tank, no c02 and EI ferts. I'm only using a 10W desklamp.

I did a dry start for about 6 weeks until about 50% of so was covered and could see it was well rooted. It has slowly spread since, full Carpet took about 3 months after flooding.
Here it is after about 6weeks just before flooding
IMG_2801.jpg

This is roughly 3months later
IMG_4777.jpg

Hey,

I've never had any issues, it actually helps develop the beneficial bacteria as well so you can stock sooner after flooding. There are quite a few DSM threads on here that are worth a read, it's where i got all my info.

My main recommendation would be making sure not to add too much water, certainly none above the substrate level, the emphasis is on the "dry" start, so just enough water to allow sufficient humidity.

Back