• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Where to store plants??

johnjo

Sorry a out this, I feel a bit silly asking such a simple question but I'm a total newbie to keeping aquatic plants. (iv looked on the Internet and couldn't find an answer).

I will hopefully be planting up my new tank this weekend and was wondering if I could store plants in a bucket until I get my tank up and running. I will be buying from my lfs's and choosing from what they have. I was going to call on a couple tomorrow and Friday as they get fresh stock so more plants to choose from. I will then have a couple of free hours on saturday to concentrate on setting my tank up and planting them rather than dashing around trying to buy all at once. Is this possible? Do I have to keep them at a certain temperature etc, stick a heater in there, supply running water?

Cheers
John

In my opinion they would be fine in a bucket of water. In fact soaking and thoroughly rinsing plants before putting them in your tank is advisable anyway to remove any possible contaminants.

Andy

Does it have to be warm water like they are immersed in at the shop?

Back