• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Where to put extra pump in the external filter loop ?

eminor

Hello, i have an eden 521 filter, 800lph and a jbl proflow u 1100, 1200l/h, i want to use mainly the jbl, do I need to put it in the In or the out of the filter ? thx

You should not connect two filters with a pump in series. Each pump should be in its own circuit. Otherwise you risk damaging the pumps. Better to use the two filters in parallel and independently. This will increase the overall water flow, which is the main goal.

You should not connect two filters with a pump in series. Each pump should be in its own circuit. Otherwise you risk damaging the pumps. Better to use the two filters in parallel and independently. This will increase the overall water flow, which is the main goal.
i see, where to place the jbl pump then ? in or out ? thx

i see, where to place the jbl pump then ? in or out ? thx
You need two pipes (in and out) connected between the jbl pump and tank, plus two pipes (in and out) connected between the eden filter and tank Do not connect the pump to the in/out pipes of the filter.

You will use the pump to increase the water flow. You also have the option to buy a canister or a reactor (without pump) and connect it to the jbl pump. With this option you would end up with two filters. In any case, you will need to buy a filter pipe set containing an intake pipe and an outlet (spray bar, noozle, lily pipe, …) Hope this explanation is clear…

I am not familiar with your filter but you should be able to use the JBL pump inline INSTEAD of the filter pump (not both at the same time) and only IF you remove the impeller from the original filter pump. Most canister filter pumps are situated after filter media etc so I would place it on the outlet.

Back