• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Where to get scaping net bags?

ForestDave

Hi.
Where can you get the net bags for adding depth to your scapes please. (Image below)? I'm going to try to move house and am going to re-scape and switch to low tech.
32364350915_478cdf54ba_b-jpg.jpg

Most aquarium aquatic companys have these but cant help but think they are expensive. Supermarkets sell mesh laundry bags cheaper. As I recall they are bigger so for a smaller tank fold them or less bags for a larger tank

I use nylon panties
I once (quite often) made the same translation mistake and didn't know that Panties actually means Onderbroekje in English. :cool: :p
I bet most people here still might guess that you mean Panty Hoses.

But for the fun of it, you're actually saying you are using Goedkope onderbroekjes. :lol:

Last edited:
I’m using these MELARQT Pieces Aquarium Filter Bag, 10 Pieces Nylon Mesh Bags Media Mesh Filter Bags with Zipper for Activated Carbon, Biospheres, Ceramic Rings(White and Black) Amazon product ASIN B08L4SYFZ9
Looks like there’s a better deal tao pipe 20pcs Aquarium Filter Bags Media Mesh Filter Bags with Zipper for Activated Carbon, Biospheres, Ceramic Rings, Clean and Recyclable (10pcs Black + 10pcs White) Amazon product ASIN B07PWDNX23

I once (quite often) made the same translation mistake and didn't know that Panties actually means Onderbroekje in English. :cool: :p
I bet most people here still might guess that you mean Panty Hoses.

But for the fun of it, you're actually saying you are using Goedkope onderbroekjes. :lol:
Haha thanks, edited 😆

Haha thanks, edited 😆

The same goes in our case with Silicone Kit... Kit sounds very English but means something different.
I don't know how often I wrote I use a silicone kit... Till somebody asked what kinda kit is that? Then it dawned on me that I said something that didn't make much sense. :lol:

For the English among us Kit is Dutch for Sealant...

Useful thread. Just bought some of the tao pipe bags. 👍

Been using old pantyhose for crushed lava rock and they kept tearing. Probably due to me constantly fiddling with different hardscape set ups though tbf. Sure it would be fine if you filled once and then left in place but they don’t seem to stand up to being pulled around too much.

Either that or I need tougher pantyhose! 😂

Back