• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

where to get cheapest substrate from?

bumcrumb

hi guys,
i have a great deal getting hold of things for this great hobby as i have no transport, and buying online seams to cost more in postage than the actual items.
most things i can get hold of are on ebay, here in the for sale section and friends but the one im having most trouble with is substrate!

i have one of them opti 12x10x8 nanos and was looking for a substrate of either colombo pro flora? or ada powder, oliver knotts ns.

can anyone help me out with either a link to where i can get the cheapest smallest bag from without paying a fortune for postage or if they have a little spare at home etc

cheers guys
chris :oops:

if you want to go really cheap there is always Garden soils etc, but you need to read up on that.
The next stage would be akadama...
Have you considered JBL aquabasis plus from zooplus... (postage isnt too bad)
i used that stuff in my 240L and its very nice. needs capping though...

hi mate
i was looking for something more like a all in one type.
on my other tank i used some underworld aqua grit i think it was called but i capped it with uni black gravel/sand and it got mixed up with all the planting etc so thought i would try a different rout.
:(

Back