• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Where To Buy ?

CJM70

Ok so I’m setting a small tank up soon. I’m thinking either the Dennerle scapers 70L . But at that size, if there are any optiwhite options that are not a LOT more, please offer any suggestions.

I want to incorporate stone (seiryu prob) and wood (manzanita or red moor root plus some genuine bogwood in case I put some small bristlenose in there).

I went to a local Maidenhead Aquatics today, saw a lovely piece of seiryu that would have made a main focal point, being a nice uneven triangle shape. They weighed it up and it was £34! For one piece weighing about 5kg.

So I guess I’m here to ask where offers good value for money. I see there are site sponsors and am happy to try to support them by buying direct, but I have to consider my limited budget too. Are there any places you know of who are doing Black Friday seals for example?

Happy to hear from sponsors, members who have hardscape to sell, or any suggestions of where to go that offers a better deal than the one just mentioned. 😀.

(I will just say that most of their fish prices were perfectly reasonable - it was just the stone I would need a re-mortgage for 😂

Hey!

Allpondsolutions make cheap low iron tanks. I've heard mixed reviews, with some people loving them and some hating. I've got the 90L one and it's great!

In terms of hardscape, try Aquarium Gardens. The price per kg on Seiryu is almost half what you saw in Maidenhead. Manzanita is unfortunately just very expensive no matter where you get it from.

If you can't find what you need at Aquarium Gardens, try Riverwood Aquatics, Scaped Nature, Horizon Aquatics. Message them either through sponsor portals here, Instagram DM or call them and they can put something together for you if you can't get to the shop physically. If you can get there yourself, even better!

Hey!

Allpondsolutions make cheap low iron tanks. I've heard mixed reviews, with some people loving them and some hating. I've got the 90L one and it's great!

In terms of hardscape, try Aquarium Gardens. The price per kg on Seiryu is almost half what you saw in Maidenhead. Manzanita is unfortunately just very expensive no matter where you get it from.

If you can't find what you need at Aquarium Gardens, try Riverwood Aquatics, Scaped Nature, Horizon Aquatics. Message them either through sponsor portals here, Instagram DM or call them and they can put something together for you if you can't get to the shop physically. If you can get there yourself, even better!
Thanks so much. Great info. It’s always nice to get specific recommendations even though some of those are already on the sponsor list so I’m sure they are great places to support. Sometimes when it comes to spending money on a hobby though you just need a little reassurance from other people that have already tried somewhere out.
I like the idea of half the price of MA for the Seiryu stone! I will definitely be contacting Aquarium Gardens regarding that😀

Back