• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Where to buy Twinstar suction cup?

With suction cups they can be easily recovered by dropping them in a mug of boiling water for a couple of minutes, they have memory and will return to the original shape. This can be repeated many times.

No need to buy any more.

With suction cups they can be easily recovered by dropping them in a mug of boiling water for a couple of minutes, they have memory and will return to the original shape. This can be repeated many times. No need to buy any more.

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately it doesn’t work on this particular suction cup - tried it 4 times now. The plastic has just hardened too much.

So I really do need to source a replacement somehow.

Anyone?

Just get some of these:

Should work!

If the twinstar ones are the same as the chihiro ones these won’t be any good. You need the ones with a socket maybe eheim or similar ones would have the same sized socket

If you can give the dimensions of the socket, I may have something suitable.
Thank you! Please see the image below. Looks like the 'disc' which slots into the diffuser is 6mm in diameter and about 1mm thick. I have looked all over but it's extremely hard to find / get enough info on sizes from websites.

PC110312.JPG

Have you tried contacting Twinstar directly @PM ?

Thank you! Please see the image below. Looks like the 'disc' which slots into the diffuser is 6mm in diameter and about 1mm thick. I have looked all over but it's extremely hard to find / get enough info on sizes from websites.

View attachment 158929

Ah ok, sorry I don’t have any like this, I thought it was more like the sort you get with lily pipes. I have a lot of those.

Have you tried those suction cups that have that sort of shape and a hook attached. They look very similar and easy to get hold of. You may need to trim it down in places and obviously remove the hook but it may do the job?

Just had a search on eBay and came up with this. Worth a punt in my mind 2 quid is not too much to lose. I would buy them based on the suction size.

Did you find that they were of adequate quality?
They weren’t the perfect size but still fit into the slot on the diffuser. My diffuser was a bit of a mess so I ended up getting a new diffuser which came with a new suction cup. However these ones where useful in the interim and I’ll probably use them again once the new one gives up.

Back