• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Where to buy TMC Signature Aquariums

I've just tried looking up my nearest retailer on the TMC website. When I type in my postcode it doesn't give me any options. Hence why I thought to ask on here. I live in Bury St Edmunds.

Aquajardin also sell them.....unsure about postage, but another online retailer that does ship them is
http://www.cockfields.co.uk/
Doesn't have them listed on the site but they definitely do them and ship, I checked when I was looking at the marine. Worth a phone call.
Cheerio,
Ady.

Dave, there is a courier called Palletforce and I believe they will deliver for a set fee of £60 nationwide for most of the tanks in the TMC signature range size. At least, thats what I have been led to believe. It could be worth checking in with them if you cannot find anywhere close enough.

I just had a shifty at these tanks and they are very smart. I worried about condensation though. Well actually I am not but the boss is and Im not in a position to argue. Is there any way of getting "lids" for these or other braceless tanks ? (Sorry to ask on your thread Dave, but it kind of relates to this style tank so I hope ya dont mind). And also do TMC do them in other sizes like 100x50x50 ?

Most retailers with a marine section will probably have an account with TMC - sure they could order what you need.

Will ask around my local marine centre. Thanks :)

Dave, there is a courier called Palletforce and I believe they will deliver for a set fee of £60 nationwide for most of the tanks in the TMC signature range size. At least, thats what I have been led to believe. It could be worth checking in with them if you cannot find anywhere close enough. I just had a shifty at these tanks and they are very smart. I worried about condensation though. Well actually I am not but the boss is and Im not in a position to argue. Is there any way of getting "lids" for these or other braceless tanks ? (Sorry to ask on your thread Dave, but it kind of relates to this style tank so I hope ya dont mind). And also do TMC do them in other sizes like 100x50x50 ?

Thanks but £60 sounds quite a bit for postage! I will try and source one locally if I can and collect it myself.

Here's the sizes they do
Tropical Marine | Signature

With regards to condensation, I currently have an open top aquarium (like many on this forum) and have never had a problem with condensation, summer or winter. The evaporation rate is simply not enough to cause any problems.

Cheers

Dave

Thanks for the reply Dave. Seems they don't do them big enough for me but Im not that worried. I think evaporation is dependant very much on lots of factors, including outside temp, inside temp, ventilation, quality of windows even. And I don't think its an argument I am going to win with the boss so covered tank is where I have to be i'm afraid. Do you really think that £60 is a lot to ship a tank anywhere in the UK ? I thought it sounded quite cheap.. but then I guess it depends on the size of the tank so if you are only looking at a 2' tank you are right mate, that would seem a lot. But for say a 4 or 5' tank its dirt cheap. Swings and roundabouts I guess.

Yeah I suppose on large tanks it would be a good price. Shame you can't have an open top tank mate!

Anyway I rang around all my LFS and found one who can order me in a TMC signature. So I am going down there this weekend to discuss sizes, price etc. Then i'll just pick it up when it arrives.:thumbup:

Thanks for your help, should have thought to ask around first!:)

Dave

I will certainly get one going once I have hold of it!

Definitely in the planning stage, so many possibility! Lots of inspiration from Ady34 so far :)

Quite like the idea of the wood and rocks combo. Plants wise I think a mixture of java ferns, crypts, anubias and other ferns would look cool amongst the wood and rocks. Maybe Staurogyne Repens in the foreground.

I don't want plants that grow mega fast, just to keep pruning to a minimum, rather than every week. A prune every 2 weeks would suit my lifestyle . Therefore I'm going to hold back on the lighting intensity. Planning to build a DIY light stand to raise my T5's higher above the waters surface. At the moment the light is resting on ballasts on the rim of my tank so the bulbs are only 3-4 inches from the waters surface. Once I get the tank and cabinet I'll get down to B&Q to source materials for this :)

Thanks Ady. Just fired off an e-mail to cockfields to find out.

Dave, I'd ring them they still haven't responded to my email from 2 weeks ago, I popped in as i was passing instead......they have the tmc's set up in the shop as Marine and I must admit I was kicking myself for not going with a 60*45*45 when saw it set up. Looks Much bigger set up than empty, the depth and height were great. Good luck with the search.

Cockfields emailed me back within 5 mins so no problems there. I am actually sourcing one locally as mentioned, from my LFS.

I agree I love the depth and size of these tanks overall, which I why I chose them.

Cheers
Dave

Im now contemplating a small one for a shrimp tank, although Im still instructed I have to put a lid on it !! Is amazing what we to just to keep other people happy isn't it ! :confused:

You need to explain to the boss that there probably more evaporation coming from your indoor washing line than from the fish tank. An average wash load of wet clothes contains around 2-4 litres of water which evaporates into your home, I once heard on the radio. However homes are well ventilated these days so it does not cause any problems.

I say ask for a trial period with no lid and see how it goes :)

Reactions: tim
Lol we never dry clothes indoors, not even hanging over the radiator ! But thanks for the suggestion :)

Just an update on this...

I managed to source the TMC tank & cabinet from Home & Garden Aquatics in Bury St Edmunds. Great service from these guys...it's a smart little shop and they stock tropica plants :):):)

These tanks are superb. I've started a Journal for it...pretty excited to get going with it!

Link to journal is here:
Dave's TMC Signature | UK Aquatic Plant Society

Cheers
Dave

these tanks and stands are ridiculously affordable.

Back