• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Where to buy Ostracoda

Js45

Seedling
hi,
Does anyone have an excess of Ostracoda they would be willing to sell or know where i can buy a culture?

Thanks

Why would you buy them? they are pests, they often come with plants here and multiply like crazy.

Hi all,
I've got a few different types. You can have as many as you like for P&P. I've found they travel better in wet moss (or Riccia) than just in water, I'll put one, or the other, (or both in).

Once you've got them they should stay at low levels in the tanks, unless you have Corydoras etc.

cheers Darrel

Thanks Darrel, ive PM'd you.

DTL - thanks for the link

Hamza - I am hoping they will eat some of the detritus at the bottom of my planted tank as I currently dont have any corydoras to help move along the accumulations to my filter. If they remain as a managable population ill let them be, otherwise i will collect them and discard using a collector.

There are tons of them in my tank. I also have Cories. But it seems both of them don't help the detritus issue for me. I had not seen any improvement until I added shrimps. It is the shrimps (Amano shrimps to be exact) that do the trick.

I cant use shrimp as I have Indian Dwarf Puffer and theyll be gone 10 seconds after I put them in there. Happy to try them, they must eat some of the detritus and hopefully spot algae, they might also be a treat for my chilli rasbora.

Back