• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

where to buy an open top aquarium?

dan4x4

Where can you buy a good looking open top aquarium, suitable for a low tech planted aquarium?

I see some really good looking ones on here but where im in the shops they don't look anywhere near as good.

I think you'd be better looking online for them, most shops aren't gonna have much in terms of rimless tanks (at least from my experience). Dennerle makes the Nano cube and Scapers tank which is decent value (has the curved glass on the edges). If your budget is a bit larger, EA aquascaper and ADA cube garden tanks are stunning. ADA cube garden is basically the top of the line.

You could goggle the Clear-Seal website for your nearest stockist, always well priced and nice tanks, P@H used to have them but stopped in favour of a more mixed range of tanks aimed IMO to the general fishkeeper rather than the planted tank enthusiats as we like to get the equipment to suit the aquarium usually

Where are you based? If in the North West, Maidenhead Wigan do an aquarium build service with the people that make the aquariums for aquaoak. Very good prices indeed. Silicone work not as minimal as more expensive brands though...

Where are you based? If in the North West, Maidenhead Wigan do an aquarium build service with the people that make the aquariums for aquaoak. Very good prices indeed. Silicone work not as minimal as more expensive brands though...

I live in the North East,

Thanks everyone for the replies. This is exactly what I'm looking for, low amount & clear silicone with an open top. Probably will be plants only. Maybe some shrimp.

I currently have a jewel rio which I will keep running. I will have a more in-depth look later on today. I will keep you's posted. Will try and do a journal but it will be slow progress, will be after christmas now.

Might sound stupid but I live nearby and I've never managed to find their workshop... have you ever been?
Hi Matt,

Yes it's just next to a farm. A dark green indusrial unit with a roller shutter door. It's very
difficult to find. These are the instuctions they provided:

If you are coming from Junction 33, then turn Left as you come off the motorway (Garstang) -
Stay on this road for about 6km.
You will go through 1 set of traffic lights by a Car sales garage,
then over 2 large bridges.
Keep straight on for another 2km
You will pass a BP/M&S garage on your Right - I would suggest using the facilities here as our extension is not yet complete and we have no WC at the premises yet.
You will then pass over a small river bridge
Collinsons Riverside Industrial is on your Right -
200m on the Left you will see on the road side a White Bungalow, White Farmhouse and Brown Brick/Stone Barn (barn has a trampoline in front of it)
Turn Left immediately after the barn into a farm entrance.
Turn immediately Right
Green Industrial Unit is on your Left. We Are Here!!

If you are coming from Junction 32, as you exit the motorway (M6) on to the M55, stay in the Left Hand Lane and Exit the M55
Head to Garstang - 3rd exit off the roundabout
Stay in the A6 lane.
At the next 2 roundabouts go straight over
At the 3rd Roundabout take the 2nd exit (Right)
Carry straight on for about 5km
You will pass Barton Grange Garden Centre & the Flower Bowl on your Left. Carry straight on at this roundabout.
There will be 5 roads coming up on your Right.
The last road is called Cock Robin Lane
200m past Cock Robin Lane you will see a large Brick/Stone barn against the road on your Right.(barn has a trampoline in front of it)
Turn Right immediately Before the barn, into a farm entrance.
Turn immediately Right
Green Industrial Unit is on your Left.

Back