• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Resolved! Where have my options gone???

Ady34

Global Moderator
UKAPS Team
Just tonight all the options in the reply box have disappeared from use on iPad/iPhone. I have access to them on my desktop. Just a yellow text box with no features on iPad/phone?
I'll post a pic from tapatalk of the issue now too.
What have I done please???

Photo of what I'm seeing, don't seem to be able to recover the options/functions.

ypu8a2yd.jpg

Frt

Same here, Im guessing that the forum software has been updated, and is either had the options removed, or is incompatible with iOS. :(
Bummer.....
I can't seem to view videos on my iPad either, however on the wife's I can so I'm guessing that's some setting somewhere? Any ideas on that one?
Cheers,
Ady.

Videos is a tricky one as they can be all sorts of formats and streaming, some of which are iPad compatible, others which arent.

Can you not view a video but your wife can? (Ie, exactly the same video)?

P.S. under this forum, and your user account, I found a PREFERENCE for using a rich text editor for composing messages.
Its this I believe which has been disabled.

Yeah same vid different Ipad mine says this:

be9e3ate.jpg

And the wife's plays it

je6ymu6e.jpg

?????

Thanks mate, replied to pm, seems video issue has been sorted by logging out of my google account??....don't ask me how or why but I now have access to videos.....it's been bugging me for a while now as I've tried viewing other members vids and had been getting the same message!
Your pm made me look at my browser, and being logged onto google was the only difference.
Cheers,
Ady.

Yeah, Chrome can foul up a bit on the videos as its trying to use YouTube's actual player, whereas Safari browser uses a Quicktime backend developed specifically for iOS.... One reason why watching your video on Chrome gives you the option to jump to YouTube, change the video resolution etc, but on Safari it just plays with no options.

Chrome will play them though, so try clearing the cache and that should fix it.

Yeah, Chrome can foul up a bit on the videos as its trying to use YouTube's actual player, whereas Safari browser uses a Quicktime backend developed specifically for iOS.... One reason why watching your video on Chrome gives you the option to jump to YouTube, change the video resolution etc, but on Safari it just plays with no options.

Chrome will play them though, so try clearing the cache and that should fix it.
Thanks, will do.... Thumb up! Lol

reply box have disappeared from use on iPad/iPhone.
I have disabled the rich text editor on mobile devices as this was causing quite some issues on some phones that are not IOS, by default this is disabled on the forum software anyway I did some hacking to get it displayed on phones but looks like it breaks some devices from typing properly, therefore only a text input window will be present on mobiles.

No worries Paulo, and thanks for your hard work to keep it all flowing! :)
I will see if I can manipulate the code to only show rich text editor to IOS devices. I wouldn't expect many people on a mobile phone using much other than typing anyway.

No problem Paulo. Some you win some you lose, if its messing up other things then its understandable to have it disabled.
Although i do most stuff from iPhone/iPad as my desktop is useless, lol....all except uploading camera photos.

Ady you would benefit from Tapatalk then, as you can upload the photos from there and its a much nicer interface to use on a mobile/tablet.
I have it, I use it to upload phone photos for quick posts.....but in all honesty I don't like it, prefer to use the forum.
Don't worry about it though, I'll manage and think the forum is great. Like I said, if its causing issues elsewhere best to have it disabled.
Cheerio

Back