• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Where do you have yours?

Loads of good looking houses and tanks there!

TBRO said:
Here's some of my emergent tanks, to keep me distracted while doing the washing up!

tanksjan2010002.jpg

Love the emergent tanks here, just wondering where you got the tanks from in these pics TBRO?

Also wondered why those guppys are apparently illegal in the UK?

Hey Lisa. I think they're chinese sailfin sharks - Myxocyprinus asiaticusb.

TBRO, I really like the emergent, especially the one on the right. Would love some details (in another post?)

Great looking photos and locations all!

SteveUK said:
Hey Lisa. I think they're chinese sailfin sharks - Myxocyprinus asiaticusb.

TBRO, I really like the emergent, especially the one on the right. Would love some details (in another post?)

Great looking photos and locations all!

Yep Hi-FIn China Sharks, ONly Realised after posting pix over on TFF all those years ago that you needed a Licence to keep them, Sadly Before I could do anything the Blood Parrots Killed them.

I still see them for sale Every Few Years

Such a shame the sailfins are illegal, they look amazing, sounds like they grow into proper monsters though! One of TA scapes in the Nature Aquarium book features them.

Thanks Lisa and Steve, the glass boxses are made by LSA (polish company, make all kinds of glass-wear) I got mine from John Lewis but I've seen them for sale else where. Big one is 14 cm cube, small is 10 cm cube.

The left one has a plant I found in a welsh mountain stream, the right one is my Wabi-Kusa (I have a separate blog under journals). Will update both in about 10 days time when I get my camera sorted out. The WK has changed a lot, I now have HC growing over it as the moss died :(

I am sure I have seen those Cubes in Debenhams.

Yep such a shame about the China Hi Fins, They are stunning fish and have seen some lovley specimens over on Monster Fish Keepers.

TBRO said:
Such a shame the sailfins are illegal, they look amazing, sounds like they grow into proper monsters though! One of TA scapes in the Nature Aquarium book features them.
:(

They change quite a bit as they grow and lose that characteristic shape and colour pattern. I was going to say much more drab colourwise, but actually either some form or sex or at a certain point in their long lives there are striking red/yellow colour. Even so 3ft is a bit too big for most of us.

Click for a picture...

Whoa !! talk about going off topic!!! Get your pictures posted! :)

I cant deal with an empty tank! This is to keep the wife semi happy too. if it were empty for 4 weeks, it'd be gone for sure.

empty-1.jpg

It's a really interesting topic. It is a good start of the day, when i look at it. Although my tanks aren't as beautiful as yours, I'd like to show you.

This is my 85l tank:
4420078327_778d7ed23c.jpg

Here is my 0,2l pico tank:
4420103663_e35e60077b.jpg

This photo is very fuzzy, so I'll show you a full-shot.
4382940070_fe829bfc47.jpg

And this is my 25l low-tech tank:
4420858788_764694c43f.jpg

Sorry for the quality of the pics :crazy:

Back