• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Where do you get your co2 bottles and/ refills?

Ehcosbie

I am considering CO2 in my upcoming tank, and was curious about where folks got their bottles from (lfs, refurbished extinguisher, other) and where you go to get them refilled. I have never owned CO2 in any capacity before and am curious as to the effort of regularly sourcing it.

Thanks. Ed

I get old fire extinguishers from a Fire extinguisher service engineer. Once they get to nearly 10 years old they have to scrap them, the guy I know has hundreds stacked up. They're perfectly fine. Last time I saw him I paid £40 for 5x 2kg extinguisher, I've heard of people on this site getting even better deals than that though. Just phone up a few people/firms from your area.

Try looking for beer gas suppliers also, most will sell you a cylinder and do refills, prices vary quite a bit so shop around.
My local fire extinguisher supplier charged £35 for a full new 5kg and £18 for a refill until it needs retesting. The beer gas supplier charges £15 to refill the same extinguisher.
Cheers

wouldn't pay more than 15 pounds for 5kg FE, it lasts quite a long time in my tank so i have time to look around for good deals.

My local Adam's Gas supplier here. They're dotted all over the country.

I think I paid £50 or so for the bottle deposit and it's around £25 for a fresh 6.3kg bottle every few months.

Back