• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Where can I get Apsitogramma Inka?

Hi all,
I haven't seen them for sale for a while, they are have been scientifically named and are now Apistogramma baenschii. A few years ago they were reasonably available and I know a couple of people who kept them, but eventually they both ended up with all females.

Peter Clarke is an option, but he is based in Chesterfield. He is "Apisto.Aquatics" on facebook.

cheers Darrel

Hi all,
I haven't seen them for sale for a while, they are have been scientifically named and are now Apistogramma baenschii. A few years ago they were reasonably available and I know a couple of people who kept them, but eventually they both ended up with all females.

Peter Clarke is an option, but he is based in Chesterfield. He is "Apisto.Aquatics" on facebook.

cheers Darrel
Thanks for your reply Darrel. I have checked his app (he is a very nice mobile application for online shopping) he does not have any of them. Perhaps I should start with A.Cacatuoides, they are more available and easier I guess.
I read some information about Apistos and they prefer less stream and light and small water changes. I guess need to make some changes in my tank. Right now there is not much demanding plants.But I'd love to have some carpet with MC and a little bit of alternanthera reinckii mini and they need reasonable amount of light and CO2 circulation.

Destination Aquatics,Bedford.
Pm Glen Williams on here ;).
Yes He has them but in the end I decided to get A.cacatuoides. I really want them to live and breed. My main concern is my hard rock water but I will soften it with RO in a couple of 50% water changes (It is around 350 at the moment) next week I hope it will be 250ish and one after around 150 (I hope my maths is right, I have always hated maths :banghead::banghead::banghead:) . After this I will make 20% WC for my 125 Lt Juwell.
I am adding a couple of male's photos. I cant see the female at the moment, I hope it is just hiding....:nailbiting:
I will add a few small terracotta pots and leaves later but wanted to show the tank too.

Attachments

• P4020015.JPG
    P4020015.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 88
  • P4020006.JPG
    P4020006.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 86
  • P4020024.JPG
    P4020024.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Back