• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Where can I find a long shallow tank (U.K.)?

Furgan

I am looking for a long shallow tank, any idea if there are any in the U.K., or do I need to go down the route of getting one made or making it myself?
Possibly a 5x1x1 foot tank

You'll need to get that made I think, clrearseal had a similar 3*1*1 unsure if that exists now.

Ada dropped their larger shallows.

Aquariums 4 life have done good work for me in the past. Rimless, I think you can get away with 8mm.

@dw1305 Yep, thickness of 8mm is for my preferred safety rating and as little deformation over length as possible. You could have 6mm for sure, but I think you'd have a noticable bow at that point.

I have this pressure chart in google drive, haven't used it in a while but I think it's correct (taken from a source online, to be used by me again and again).

Last edited:
Hi all,

I think 8 mm glass is a good idea, and even then I would have a central brace on a really long tank.

cheers Darrel

Aesthetics fail here for me, I'd sooner have a metal frame than a central brace.

I'm planning to knock through into a garage for a "viewing room/library" for a 2.8x0.6x0.4m sized tank. Even at such a low depth, I'd need 20mm glass for approx 0.02mm deformation. 20mm does give quite a large surface area for silicone, however calculating the actual force scares me, and I'm thinking of going to about 50cm, and having a custom stainless steel cage made. A journal for this, one day.

Back