• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Where are you from?

Re: Where are you from

Stoke when not studying, Leeds otherwise.

Guildford, Surrey

(one day the forum developers will cotton on that this is done a lot on forums and will link the profile info into a map so you can see/search for people local to you. As it is we have to make do with threads like this :rolleyes: )

Egmel said:
Guildford, Surrey

(one day the forum developers will cotton on that this is done a lot on forums and will link the profile info into a map so you can see/search for people local to you. As it is we have to make do with threads like this :rolleyes: )

That's what I'm saying, this way it's much easier to see which members live near you.

Thomas McMillan said:
Egmel said:
Guildford, Surrey

That's what I'm saying, this way it's much easier to see which members live near you.

similar to this:

http://www.aquascapingworld.com/forum/worldmap.php

aaronnorth said:
Thomas McMillan said:
Egmel said:
Guildford, Surrey

similar to this:

http://www.aquascapingworld.com/forum/worldmap.php

That's great, I've never seen that before. I just thought even if it's how I've set it out here, at least it's an easy place to find who else lives near you.

Egmel said:
aaronnorth said:
That is quite cool, is it auto generated? Shame there's no obvious way to zoom in.

not sure, i have my location in my profile and yet there is only 2 dots (1 in london, 1 in bath area) and i am in nottinghamshire :!:

so i dont know how it works, i know there are quite a few people of here on there too but not sure if they have typed in there location

EDIT: thinking about it, it would go on IP address anyway :rolleyes: :oops:

Egmel said:
(one day the forum developers will cotton on that this is done a lot on forums and will link the profile info into a map so you can see/search for people local to you. As it is we have to make do with threads like this )
You could of corse go to the members list and sort by location? better than nothing.

Dan Crawford said:
Egmel said:
(one day the forum developers will cotton on that this is done a lot on forums and will link the profile info into a map so you can see/search for people local to you. As it is we have to make do with threads like this )
You could of corse go to the members list and sort by location? better than nothing.
I wonder what distance metric it uses to sort... euclidean at best, alphabetical at worst ;)

Back