• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

when to start dosing

forest6

Seedling
hi
ive started my first planted tank and will be using the ei method.
my question is after heavly planting the tank when do i start dosing?(ie is there a settling in time for the plants).
many thanks paul.

Hi,
Keep your lighting low and your CO2 high. That's the most important thing for now. You can dose half if you want or you can dose the full amount, but there is no issue in dosing immediately. Some people do choose to wait for a few weeks and are successful with that as well. The plants have a nutrient reserve that can last a few weeks but my philosophy is to dose immediately.

Cheers,

thank you
the tank is 240lts with pressurized co2 what do you call high co2.current rate 1 bubble per second.

forest6 said:
thank you
the tank is 240lts with pressurized co2 what do you call high co2.current rate 1 bubble per second.

You need to measure the CO2 level using a drop checker with 4dKH solution in so that when it's green you have 30ppm CO2. The bubble rate needed to do this will vary wildly from tank to tank.

now confused again let me work it out in my head.
thanks again. paul

ceg4048 said:
You'll be surprised how much bubble rate you will need to saturate that size tank.

Please review CO2 MEASUREMENT USING A DROP CHECKER

Cheers,

Reason I gave up on my bubble counter LOL I needed a bubble rate so fast that I couldn't even count it!! lol

LondonDragon said:
ceg4048 said:
You'll be surprised how much bubble rate you will need to saturate that size tank.

Please review CO2 MEASUREMENT USING A DROP CHECKER

Cheers,

Reason I gave up on my bubble counter LOL I needed a bubble rate so fast that I couldn't even count it!! lol

on my old bubble counter it was 3BPS (60L) and with my new one, well, i cant count it lol :rolleyes: at least i know it is the same injection rate as before.

Back