• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Whats wrong with my co2 setup

For now I turned off skimmer but I doubt that will make a super big difference

Last edited:
Co2 regulator. It one week old

Attachments

• 19D7D1DB-E572-4ACA-9645-4B38ED170F55.jpeg
    19D7D1DB-E572-4ACA-9645-4B38ED170F55.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 75
You could try moving the in-line diffuser onto the inlet tubing side of the filter!
This might reduce the misting look!
Yes, I will get a reactor going when I solve this bubble count.
So the bubble count is excessive right?
Or I am just paranoid?
I can get a propper diffuser and brand new tubing (this one is year old)

Not small then!
Maybe someone who has a similar size aquarium can give you some reasonable guidelines on the bubble rate!
I have a 35 litre and I have a bubble rate of 2 to 3 per second....24/7 yours would approximately be 3 times that.

None of the CO2 line from here appears to have any of the clamping collets fitted and the check valve looks like an airline check valve to me (I may be wrong).
Using an inline diffuser requires high pressure (30 PSI approx) and the gas will find any weak points in the loop.
The bubble count seems excessive and the only suggestion I can make is to meticulously check all joints with an artists paint brush and soapy water looking for bubbles (escaping gas).
Cheers!

None of the CO2 line from here appears to have any of the clamping collets fitted and the check valve looks like an airline check valve to me (I may be wrong).
Using an inline diffuser requires high pressure (30 PSI approx) and the gas will find any weak points in the loop.
The bubble count seems excessive and the only suggestion I can make is to meticulously check all joints with an artists paint brush and soapy water looking for bubbles (escaping gas).
Cheers!
The check valve is a ADA one, the collets were down for foto. Should I remove it? I have a brand new ADA co2 tubing ready also.
Working pressure now 50 PSI
Will check with brush
THANK you for advice

Yes please I am desperate for a reference from someone.

As you can see from the video bubbles vary greatly in size. I have 2 CO2 tanks for redundancy , esp when one is being refilled I can still keep the CO2 going. The CO2 at the back is basically my spare which goes to intank diffusors next to difficult plants in an attempt to boost their growth. most of the bubbles are wasted anyway.

The bubble rate in main CO2 regulator in front is sufficient for a 1.1-1.2 pH drop without the additional CO2. The additional CO2 regulator feeding the intank diffusors causes pH drop further by about 0.1 . 90x45x45 tank

Its been 2.5 wks without proper maintenance. Planning to do a water change tomorrow and will get out the algae scraper :D

Last edited:
This is partly your issue. It's resisting the PH drop due to the carbonates being released by the rocks. Have a read at this.
Looking at your video I can see the tank is filled with micro-bubbles. I am not so sure you have a leak but it would be worth triple checking everything, the tubbing included. Once I had a tube with a tiny hole and gas was leaking through that.
In any case I see there is a lot of hard-space occupying a good amount of volume and there is good surface agitation. This means CO2 is being outgases rapidly as well. I'll ask again. Can you please post a complete picture of your tank with everything in frame so we can view everything. That video you posted is not showing the right side properly.
Also what's the temperature of your tank?
and reminalize with Seachem Equlibrium
I know this is not your question and it's totally irrelevant to your CO2 issue but I recommend stopping that and using CaSO4 and MgSO4. Seachem Equlibrium is throwing a truck load of unnecessary K in your tank.

Last edited:
This image was taken Wednesday, day when I changed reactor to inline. I was suspecting the reactor be faulty but that seems not to be the case.
Working atm will post better picture if needed.
Temp is set to 21 degree C
I bought Equilibrium cause I didn’t know better. What you recommend, if you can give me a few products where I can choose from i would be very glad. I don’t know any of these chemistry stuff.

Attachments

• AF00EFB6-AAFE-4167-BEF1-61254C6F7EC5.jpeg
    AF00EFB6-AAFE-4167-BEF1-61254C6F7EC5.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 78
Back