• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What's the general consensus on a back up heater?

Dogtemple

I have a hydor inline heater, thinking of sticking a normal heater inside the co2 reactor I'm making just as a back up, it's made with a 20" filter housing so there's a fair bit of room for one.

good idea or not worth the bother?

I've not used the hydor heater before so I'm unsure of how effective they are

On my Discus tanks which I don't want to take a chance with temperature variation, I have two heaters, but for all other tanks, I have one rated to the size of the tank.

I'm on iPhone, maybe that has something to do with it? This link doesn't work for me either

That is odd then, my iPhone (using Safari) opens it fine - the forum won't let me post the link in plain text (and I don't know the BB code for showing it only as plain text.

Next best option if just search for "Inkbird ITC-308 WiFi Thermostat Digital Temperature Controller Smart Thermostat" on Amazon 👍

]@LondonDragon knows why some people can access these links and other can't?
Try posting the link inline with some other text rather than on it's own line. I will investigate a possible issue with the addon that embeds links!
i.e. Try this link: [post URL here]

OK, I usually put the link on a separate line, as the formatting looks odd otherwise, but lets give it a go:

Ok, link: Amazon product ASIN B07Q2M1CDS
Amazon links seem to appear (by default) as "
Code:
[MEDIA=amazon]id=B07Q2M1CDS;tld=uk[/MEDIA]
", which doesn't seem to work across all platforms. Usually works on mobile. Is it the forum using MEDIA Instead of the usual URL tags, when the link is pasted?

OK, I usually put the link on a separate line, as the formatting looks odd otherwise, but lets give it a go:

Ok, link: Amazon product ASIN B07Q2M1CDS
I can see what the issue is, if you have an ad-blocker enabled on your browser it hides the amazon box! you need to disable ad-blocking for UKAPS!

If someone's managed to get the wifi alarm working on this please let me know! Excellent controller otherwise

If someone's managed to get the wifi alarm working on this please let me know! Excellent controller otherwise
Works fine for me on iPhone, you just need to make sure you’ve allowed notifications for the app with the phones Notifications settings:

1614099191285.png

Are these controllers smart enough to set the heater to come on at different temperatures depending if it is day or night? That is a feature I would like to implement but it doesn't seem widely available.

Are these controllers smart enough to set the heater to come on at different temperatures depending if it is day or night? That is a feature I would like to implement but it doesn't seem widely available.

No, you can’t add a heating schedule like that, it’s not quite that advanced, for that you’d probabaly need to have two heaters on two controllers, combined with a timer on one of them.

No, you can’t add a heating schedule like that, it’s not quite that advanced, for that you’d probabaly need to have two heaters on two controllers, combined with a timer on one of them.
I haven't tried it but read this on Amazon:

Can you set different temperature for different times of the day? For example 9 am to 9pm set at 25 °C and 9pm to 9am set at 20 °C​

Yes. You must create a Smart Automation in the App. Go to Smart (bulb icon) -> Create Smart (symbol + ) -> Schedule -> 9am (everyday or selected) -> Run the device -> choose ITC-308 WIFI Thermostat -> Setting Temperature Value -> Set at 25c, save. Then start again from beginning, make a new automation, replace 9am with 9 pm, and replace 25c with 20c. This way, at 9am is set at 25 and at 9pm goes to 20...

I haven't tried it but read this on Amazon:

Can you set different temperature for different times of the day? For example 9 am to 9pm set at 25 °C and 9pm to 9am set at 20 °C​

Yes. You must create a Smart Automation in the App. Go to Smart (bulb icon) -> Create Smart (symbol + ) -> Schedule -> 9am (everyday or selected) -> Run the device -> choose ITC-308 WIFI Thermostat -> Setting Temperature Value -> Set at 25c, save. Then start again from beginning, make a new automation, replace 9am with 9 pm, and replace 25c with 20c. This way, at 9am is set at 25 and at 9pm goes to 20...

Yes it looks like you are right - my apologies @Maf 2500, I was looking in the main device settings where there are single temperature entry settings, but as @mrhoyo found, there is a ‘Smart’ section that is accessed at the top level interface that looks like you can indeed set a schedule. You learn something every day! :D

1614109305392.png

Back